Форум

FAQFAQ    ПоискПоиск    ПользователиПользователи    ГруппыГруппы    РегистрацияРегистрация   ПрофильПрофиль    Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения    ВходВход  

Phoenix Mercury recognize Rosaura 'Chawa' Magaa with Inaugur

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов WWW.RUSBIL.RU -> Поиск тренера / партнера
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
Kerkering

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Апр 23, 2024 4:00 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Phoenix Mercury recognize Rosaura 'Chawa' Magaa with Inaugur Ответить с цитатой

Rosaura's close friend, Celina Osuna, accepting the EntrepreneuHER honor on her part at Friday's Inspiring Female Night at Footprint CenterThe Phoenix Mercury selected Rosaura 'Chawa' Magaa, proprietor of Palabras Bilingual Book Shop, as the initial recipient of the EntrepreneuHER Honor provided by FirstBank. The inaugural award acknowledges a superior woman-owned small company in the neighborhood community with a $5,000 a, that was honored during the Mercury's Inspiring Female Evening on Friday, was picked from 182 nominated women local business owner throughout the Valley. Palabras Bilingual Book shop, which opened in 2015, is the only multilingual bookstore in the Phoenix az area. As a daughter of Mexican immigrants, Magaan intends to supply an inclusive area where marginalized voices can be stood for and valued. The bookstore has actually become a local neighborhood and cultural hub with a particularly curated diverse collection of publications, an art gallery, workshop, event space and tiny common help PUSHED YOU TO OPEN PALABRAS BILINGUAL BOOKSTORE?Magaa: "I was encouraged to start Palabras due to the fact that I really felt there was a requirement to produce a comprehensive risk-free room where traditionally marginalized neighborhoods of color might concern share their stories and attach. I likewise felt it was necessary to produce a book shop particularly due to the fact that publications by BIPOC writers were not being represented enough in book shops and in the book sector as a whole. I really felt that it was important for BIPOC communities to see themselves in the tales that they check out and to know that their tales, that their voice is valued, important and powerful. " THAT INFLUENCED YOU TO COME TO BE AN BUSINESS OWNER?" My mother inspired me since she constantly encouraged me to do what I intended to finish with my life and wanted a lot more for myself and my brother or sisters than she had. She was additionally an extremely type and charitable person that looked after others without judgment or expectations. I such as to think that the spirit of my mama, who passed on years back, resides on in the special room that we have produced at Palabras. " HOW HAVE YOU BEEN ABLE TO CONNECT TO THE LOCAL NEIGHBORHOOD WITH YOUR COMPANIES?" We connect with the community via the books we carry, thats a big one. I have seen people relocated to rips even if theres an area that exists where they feel seen, especially in literature. It can be an extremely effective experience for BIPOC areas that have experiences expanding up and not seeing themselves represented in the books that were readily available to them. We likewise link with the area with all of the neighborhood events that we hold at Palabras. We have creating workshops, book clubs, open mics, discussion teams, neighborhood art markets and team up with local companies that collaborate with BIPOC and LGBTQ+ neighborhoods. " HOW RECOGNIZED ARE YOU TO RECEIVE THIS AWARD FROM THE PHOENIX MERCURY?" I am so really honored to get this honor from the Phoenix Mercury https://www.mercuryteamstore.com/Sophie_Cunningham_Jersey. As a local business owner, it can occasionally be hard to notice all that has actually been achieved as you function relentlessly to keep your dream to life. This honor has aided me take a moment to peek my go out from my work and take time to feel and comprehend whats been accomplished over the last 7 years. I do not call myself a local business owner. I call myself the guardian of Palabras.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов WWW.RUSBIL.RU -> Поиск тренера / партнера Часовой пояс: GMT + 7
Страница 1 из 1

Перейти: